Hello New Year!
Here’s to a New Year, New You!
Exercise in any form is highly beneficial to the management of Lymphedema. Get moving, stay moving and commit to your lymphatic health!
Sign up for the 2018 #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge for Lymphedema & Lymphatic Heath and commit to doing something active, every day, for at least 10 minutes for 365 days straight! If you can do more, that’s great. Inspire your fellow Lymphies along the way.
Starting on Jan. 9, 2018, we will post weekly reminders, our workouts, and together, build a community of supportive Lymphies across the globe to keep you inspired and motivated!
For our next #MOVETHATLYMPH challenge, we will do a #30DayChallenge. To participate in this challenge, you MUST share your posts in The Lymphedema Running & Fitness Club (LRFC) closed FB group with the hashtag #movethatlymph and share your workouts. No need for your workouts to be complicated. Participate at YOUR level. This is a challenge for Lymphies by Lymphies. This means it is NOT a competition. It is a challenge for yourself to improve or maintain your lymphatic health, depending on your needs.
Joining The Challenge
- Click on the link to donate $15 to LE&RN
- Leave a sentence describing why you are joining the 30 Day Challenge as part of your signup.
- If you are not already in the The Lymphedema Running & Fitness Club (LRFC) closed Facebook group, please join. Answer the questionnaire completely.***
Types of #MOVETHATLYMPH Activities
- You can run, walk, swim, march in place, hike, yoga, pilates, aquatic exercise, chair exercise, pump, deep breathing, gardening, stretching, or any other activity your heart desires.
- Dedicate at least 10 minutes per day. If you can do more, that’s great.
- Commit to #MOVETHATLYMPH 3x per week or more
- Post your #movethatlymph status update at least 1 x per week through February 6, 2018 in the group.
- Each participant is responsible for tracking their own updates. Lymphie Strong will post weekly start reminders each Tuesday.
- Any member losing track will no longer be eligible. You are encouraged to keep a journal if necessary!
- Weekly start dates are as follows –
- Week 1 Jan 9
- Week 2 Jan 16
- Week 3 Jan 23
- Week 4 Jan 30
- Example status updates you can post-
- #MOVETHALYMPH Week #1
- Day 1 – Walking
- Day 2 – Swimming
- Day 3 – Yoga
- #MOVETHATLYMPH Week #2
- Day 4 – Deep Breathing/Pumping
- Day 5 – Stretching
- Day 6 – Gardening
- As a separate option, you may post every single day, but you must keep track until you hit 12.
- #MOVETHATLYMPH Workout 1 – Walking
- #MOVETHATLYMPH Workout 2 – Running
- #MOVETHATLYMPH Workout 3 – Deep Breathing
- #MOVETHALYMPH Week #1
- Choose the method that is easiest for you. (4 Weeks = 4 updates or Daily Posts = 12 updates)
- LRFC members maintaining these requirements will be entered into a live FB drawing on February, 9, 2018.**
Lymphie Strong Grand Prize
The grand prize winner will be awarded a $100 Chase gift card donated by Lymphie Strong.
#MOVETHATLYMPH Weight Loss Challenge
In 2018, we are introducing a weight loss challenge for the first time ever in response to feedback. The winner of the weight loss challenge will be awarded a $100 Chase gift card donated by Lymphie Strong. Signup and rules are the same as above, however you will report your weight loss end results and photos to Jeff Davis, group moderator.
On behalf of the LRFC, we want to thank all of our members for their continued participation. This is a group of Lymphies helping Lymphies with encouragement, support, and sense of camaraderie.
Wishing you awesome lymphatic health,