Veronica P. Seneriz
2015 – 2022
Veronica P. Seneriz is a patient, national advocate, speaker, and Founder & Former Proprietor of Lymphie Strong. In 1994, Veronica developed 3rd generation Lymphedema Distichiasis Syndrome, a rare type of primary lymphedema that affects her legs and eyes. It has run in her family for over a century. Veronica started a personal blog called Lymphie Strong as a dedication to her father in September 2015. To date, the blog has reached over 180 countries.
To advocate on behalf of patients, Veronica also traveled to Washington DC on different occasions to lobby Congress both as a member of the TX Chapter of the Lymphedema Advocacy Group and for LE&RN DC Lobby Days. The Lymphie Strong Facebook platform advocates for and is listed as a resource for the Lymphedema Treatment Act. She was a member of the National Lymphedema Network LSAP Class of 2017 and served as LE&RN Texas Chapter Board Chair from 2017-2021.
Ambassadorships & Freelance
Along with advocacy initiatives, she also served as an Ambassador for industry partners such as JUZO USA, JOBST USA, Luna Medical, and others. In 2021, Veronica had the honor and privilege of joining the National Lymphedema Network as Social Media Manager, a freelance role.
Move That Lymph
Veronica coined the term Move That Lymph and created the Lymphie Strong Move That Lymph #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge Series in 2017, a virtual fitness program with worldwide group membership of 78 countries in the Lymphie Strong Running & Fitness Club for Lymphedema group on Facebook. It was recently presented at the 2019 National Lymphedema Network Conference. Over 500 participants from 16 of those countries have signed up as a commitment to promoting lymphedema and lymphatic health awareness.
Over the years, the blog expanded into three global online support communities on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with a combined social media platform of 28K aimed at reaching those who feel isolated with lymphedema that have little to no local support system.
Finally, Veronica hosted guest speakers from around the world, chaired support group meetings, created collaborations with industry partners and stakeholders, and scheduled online educational webinars via FB Live/Zoom and its Lymphie Strong – YouTube which has also had a global reach impact of providing patient education opportunities to the Lymphie Strong community.
Beginning in January 2022, Veronica accepted the role of Patient Services Director for the Lymphatic Education & Research Network and was the first patient in the history of the organization to join its Leadership Team. You can contact Veronica for information on Living With Lymphedema and Lymphatic Diseases at LE&RN via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lymphie Strong is now run independently managed and administered by a family member and volunteer team to continue to serve the worldwide community that relies on its platform for support.
Lymphatic Community Involvement & Presentations
- Founded Lymphie Strong in 2015
- Patient Story Speaker: 2016 LE&RN 3rd Annual Texas Walk to Fight Lymphedema & Lymphatic Diseases
- Chair, Lymphatic Education & Research Network, Texas Chapter since 2017
- Led the inaugural Greater Houston TX LE&RN to Fight Lymphedema and Lymphatic Diseases in Richmond, TX in 2018
- Proud recipient of a LE&RN 2018 Advocate Award
- Patient Story Speaker: 2018 LE&RN 4th Annual California Walk to Fight Lymphedema & Lymphatic Diseases
- Patient Story Speaker: 2018 Lighthouse Lymphedema Network Conference
- LE&RN Guest Blogger: 2018 Silence, a guest blog post by Veronica “Vern” Seneriz
- Patient Story Speaker: 2018 The Lymphedema Patient Symposium by BIDMC Lymphatic Center
- Proud recipient of the 2019 National Lymphedema Network Happy Lymphedema Day Award
- Patient Ambassador Speaker: 2019 Power Symposium Juzo Advocates Making a Positive Impact
- Camp Volunteer at the inaugural 2019 Camp WatchMe for kids with lymphedema in Oklahoma, USA
- Patient Story Speaker: 2019 The Lymphedema Patient Symposium by BIDMC Lymphatic Center
- Patient Story Speaker: 2019 National Lymphedema Network Conference: A Cerebral Experience
Guest Appearances on YouTube, Podcasts, and IGTV
- Attended live taping of “The Incomparable Kathy Bates” on Dr. Phil in support of LE&RN
- Natural Health Resources: Living with Hereditary (Primary) Lymphedema Interview with Lymphie Strong Founder
- Lymphedema Podcast: Episode 10 & 10.5 – Primary Lymphedema featuring Veronica Seneriz Founder of Lymphie Strong
- Lymph Logic: Talking with Lymphie Strong Founder, Veronica (Vern) P. Seneriz – Vol. 1 & Talking with Lymphie Strong Founder, Veronica (Vern) P. Seneriz – Vol. 2 of 2
- ConversationlyTWL: The Interview Series Vol. 5 Pt 1 & 2