If you are interested in exercise and fitness with lymphedema, feel free to join. It is a closed Facebook group, and all types of fitness enthusiasts with lymphedema are welcome, not just runners. This includes walking, swimming, yoga, barre, pilates, strength training, etc. However you choose to #MoveThatLymph is fine.
We share tips, training advice, and most importantly MOTIVATION. It’s tough to workout with Lymphedema as a condition.
- Listen to your body and STOP if anything starts to hurt
- Always exercise in compression unless in water
- Stay hydrated, perform your lymphedema stretch exercises
- Elevate for recovery if necessary
- Always consult your Certified Lymphedema Therapist or physician before beginning any exercise program
Our Runners Pledge
We run to defeat Lymphedema.
When we get tired, we remember when our bodies could not run or move. We remember those who can’t run or walk and would give anything to have this simple gift we take for granted. We run harder for them, because we know they would do the same for us.
–The Lymphedema Running & Fitness Club