Welcome to the #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge for Lymphedema & Lymphatic Health Series.
What is #MOVETHATLYMPH?
#MOVETHATLYMPH was inspired by the fact that everyone has a lymphatic system. Whether you have lymphatic disease or not, the human body was designed to #MOVETHATLYMPH because none of us have a lymphatic pump. We must use our muscles to contract and move.
The #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge Series was created in 2017 because exercise in any form is highly beneficial to the management of lymphedema. It’s a platform to get moving, stay moving and commit to your lymphatic health by doing something active, every day, for at least 10 minutes for 365 days straight. If you can do more, that’s great. Inspire your fellow Lymphies along the way.
For example, have you ever wished that you could go to the gym and workout with somebody that has lymphedema too? That understands how critically important it is to wear compression and not ask “Why do you wear that sleeve or stocking?”
To find a virtual workout community, we invite you to join the Lymphie Strong Running & Fitness Club. All that is required is that you answer the questionnaire and be impacted by lymphedema in some aspect of your life. You may also tag @lymphiestrong on Instagram or Twitter.
Thank You JUZO USA!
Juzo USA has been the official sponsor of the Lymphie Strong #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge Series since 2017.
Since then, the Lymphie Strong Running & Fitness Club Facebook group has grown from less than 500 members to 2,755 members in 78 countries globally. We have had over 500 participants in 25 challenges from 19 of those countries and awarded compression garments or lymphedema products to both adults and children alike. This is a grassroots initiative which is by no means perfect, but it is one way to connect and shrink the worldwide lymphatic community by leveraging emerging social media technology. Nobody handed us a manual on how to do this. We set out to just get it done.
Along with compression therapy products, they support exercise as part of an overall lymphedema management program. We cannot thank them enough for their steadfast support of our community and helping us change lives. Thank you Juzo for sharing the vision early on and your support for three awesome years.
2020 #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge Series
New for 2020
- You will receive a virtual bib number as your identifier in the challenges. Use it as your hashtag in addition to new hashtags we have.
- Private Facebook Group
- Shorter challenges this year!
- Shorter, streamlined registration
- Different types of challenges
- Fitness swag prizes will be different
All of this is an effort to continuously improve our events for the year. Thanks for sticking with us, and we hope you enjoy each challenge. We plan to have 8 exciting events this year! Join one or join them all!!
Follow Us on Instagram
2020 Calendar – 8 Events
Click images to view registration details.
We also thank all of our members past and present for making this program a success!!
2019 Completed Challenges
- Free Lymph Flow 45 Day Challenge (Jan 7 – Feb 21) – Fresh start in 2019 to decongest and #MOVETHATLYMPH!!
- Lymphie Strong Virtual Half Marathon/10K/5K (March 1 – March 22) – In honor of World Lymphedema Day® and awareness in the month of March, introducing the first ever Half Marathon & 10K into the series.
- Elevation Motivation 45 Day Challenge (April 1 – May 16) – Elevate your lymph movement, strength, attitude, and endurance!
- I’m A Survivor Virtual Half Marathon/10K/5K (June 1 – June 22) – Surviving lymphedema with courage every single day. Also dedicated to Lipedema Awareness Month and National Cancer Survivors Day®.
- Road To Reduction Virtual Half Marathon/10K/5K (Sept 9 – 30) – It all starts with one step in a positive direction towards your better health.
- That’s a Wrap! 45 Day Challenge (Oct 7 – Nov 21) – Wrap to reduce, compression to maintain. You’ve got this!
- Silver Dash Virtual Half Marathon/10K/5K (Dec 2 – Dec 23) – A little bling for the holiday season but also found in compression and wound management for LE!
2018 Archive Challenges
- New Year 30 Day Challenge
- Spring Butterfly 60 Day Challenge
- Great Outdoor Virtual 5K
- Summer Fun 60 Day Challenge
- Autumn Moon Virtual 5K
- Fall Festival 60 Day Challenge
- Winter Wonderland 5K