Veronica P. Seneriz
Veronica P. Seneriz is a patient, national advocate, speaker, and Founder & Owner of Lymphie Strong. She also currently serves as the Social Media Manager for the National Lymphedema Network.
In 1994, Veronica developed 3rd generation Lymphedema Distichiasis Syndrome, a rare type of primary lymphedema that affects her legs and eyes. It has run in her family for 116 years. Veronica started a personal blog called Lymphie Strong as a dedication to her father in September 2015. To date, her blog has reached 166 countries.
Veronica has also traveled to Washington DC on different occasions to lobby Congress both as a member of the TX Chapter of the Lymphedema Advocacy Group and for LE&RN DC Lobby Days. Lymphie Strong FB advocates for and is listed as a resource for the Lymphedema Treatment Act. She is a member of the National Lymphedema Network LSAP Class of 2017 and the LE&RN Texas Chapter. Along with advocacy initiatives, she currently serves as an Ambassador for industry partners such as JUZO USA, JOBST USA, and XPANDASOX.
As of 2020, the blog has expanded into three global online support communities on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with a combined social media platform of 24K aimed at reaching those who feel isolated with lymphedema that have little to no local support system.
Veronica also created the Lymphie Strong Move That Lymph #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge Series in 2017, a virtual fitness program with worldwide group membership of 78 countries in the Lymphie Strong Running & Fitness Club for Lymphedema group on Facebook. It was recently presented at the 2019 National Lymphedema Network Conference. Over 500 participants from 16 of those countries have signed up as a commitment to promoting lymphedema and lymphatic health awareness.
Finally, Veronica hosts guest speakers from around the world, chairs support group meetings, creates collaborations with industry partners and stakeholders, and schedules online educational webinars via FB Live/Zoom and Lymphie Strong – YouTube which has also had a global reach impact of providing patient education opportunities to the Lymphie Strong community.
Lymphatic Community Involvement & Presentations
- Founded Lymphie Strong in 2015
- Patient Story Speaker: 2016 LE&RN 3rd Annual Texas Walk to Fight Lymphedema & Lymphatic Diseases
- Chair, Lymphatic Education & Research Network, Texas Chapter since 2017
- Led the inaugural Greater Houston TX LE&RN to Fight Lymphedema and Lymphatic Diseases in Richmond, TX in 2018
- Proud recipient of a LE&RN 2018 Advocate Award
- Patient Story Speaker: 2018 LE&RN 4th Annual California Walk to Fight Lymphedema & Lymphatic Diseases
- Patient Story Speaker: 2018 Lighthouse Lymphedema Network Conference
- LE&RN Guest Blogger: 2018 Silence, a guest blog post by Veronica “Vern” Seneriz
- Patient Story Speaker: 2018 The Lymphedema Patient Symposium by BIDMC Lymphatic Center
- Proud recipient of the 2019 National Lymphedema Network Happy Lymphedema Day Award
- Patient Ambassador Speaker: 2019 Power Symposium Juzo Advocates Making a Positive Impact
- Camp Volunteer at the inaugural 2019 Camp WatchMe for kids with lymphedema in Oklahoma, USA
- Patient Story Speaker: 2019 The Lymphedema Patient Symposium by BIDMC Lymphatic Center
- Patient Story Speaker: 2019 National Lymphedema Network Conference: A Cerebral Experience
Guest Appearances on YouTube, Podcasts, and IGTV
- Attended live taping of “The Incomparable Kathy Bates” on Dr. Phil in support of LE&RN
- Natural Health Resources: Living with Hereditary (Primary) Lymphedema Interview with Lymphie Strong Founder
- Lymphedema Podcast: Episode 10 & 10.5 – Primary Lymphedema featuring Veronica Seneriz Founder of Lymphie Strong
- Lymph Logic: Talking with Lymphie Strong Founder, Veronica (Vern) P. Seneriz – Vol. 1 & Talking with Lymphie Strong Founder, Veronica (Vern) P. Seneriz – Vol. 2 of 2
- ConversationlyTWL: The Interview Series Vol. 5 Pt 1 & 2